Sunday, August 9, 2009

skirts!

Well, at least one for now!


But LOTS more to come! I've been wanting to make skirts for quite some time, and they seem so easy it seemed silly to buy a pattern. But, I also wanted to have some kind of sizing "template" for when I want to make skirts for a general size (more on that in a bit!).

I originally tried the Lazy Days Skirt pattern over at Oliver + S, but to be quite honest - it is NOT meant for small kids. I originally made the above shooting for a 2T size, and going from selvedge to selvedge is just entirely too large for that. I also think the ribbon at the bottom is cute, but I like to change it up a bit too, so I added the same fabric I did on the bottom of the lemon dress I made last week.

Long story short, I think the skirt could easily work for 18mo to 2T, but it was a really good first shot and I have my own little pattern figured out now!

And what will I be doing with these LOTS more skirts? Well, selling them!

After some really amazing positive feedback I received on the dresses I posted last week (both here and on Facebook) I decided to go ahead and open an etsy shop. I'll reveal that in the coming days...but for now...back to sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment