Friday, July 24, 2009

fabric and yummm...

I recently bought some fabric scrap packs from Ashley over at Film in the Fridge. The pack she sent me was awesome!


A great amount of fabric for the money I spent, and they're all awesome pieces! I'm so excited to have some decent scraps to use! I'm thinking these may be a good start to a coin quilt!

I also noticed today that she posted she'll be putting some new ones together, so check them out!

I also follow along with Amy Karol's blog and she posted about this tea cake from Rustic Fruit Desserts the other day. O.M.G. Serious goodness. I made it for my boys (as I'm gluten-free and wasn't about to tinker with a recipe I had never even made!) and did try a piece myself. I don't have celiac - only gluten intolerant - so I will admit I cheat every few weeks as of late. It was so good - words cannot describe.

I noticed that someone posted in the comments that you can get this recipe through Gourmet.com's cookbook club, so I was able to get it that way. But seriously bought the book after eating it. It's that good!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Sherri! So glad you liked the fabrics, and thanks for mentioning that I have more for sale now. I like your new blog - just added it to my reader. Oh, and that cake - I want some! I saw it on Amy's blog the other day and now you're making me think I have to go find the recipe!

    ReplyDelete