Wednesday, July 15, 2009

standstill

I'd like to think I'm at a standstill because I'm waiting. Waiting for the fabric to come that will be the sashing of my next quilt. And waiting for the backing & binding fabric as well. Or waiting for my new foot to come so I can finish the quilting. But, truth is, I still have a binding I can start on for this quilt, a onesie that needs finishing and Noah's hat that needs finishing.

No...what I realize is that it's time I'm lacking. Free time. Or make that - kid-free time!

Like today. I had a brief moment of time that Lilah was asleep and Noah was willing to play downstairs while I worked - so I took advantage. Went downstairs...moved the quilt off my work table, laid out the binding fabric, and started cutting. Um, yeah. I was able to make ONE cut. And then I heard the squeaky cries over the monitor and went up to get her!

And I don't mind. Not one bit! She's three weeks old today. I know one day soon I'll miss this time, so I try to cherish every moment I can (well...maybe not the super-fussy-crying-for-an-hour-straight time!). But I am needing some crafting time...soon!

I only recently started sewing, but I really love it. And knitting I find incredibly meditative. I will often knit before bed, or while Noah rides his trike in the driveway while we wait for dad to get home from work. I seem to be fitting more of that in. But I have so many quilts I need/want to do! A thank you gift! Baby gifts! A wedding gift!

In time...

1 comment:

  1. I have a 2 year old and a 4 month old....so I know what you mean!

    ReplyDelete