Wednesday, September 9, 2009

lilah's quilt!!!

It's done!!!!


I am totally and completely in love with this quilt!!!

After ripping apart my first attempt at a quilt, I wanted to start with something smaller - thus a baby quilt for Lilah. The idea came from Ashley at Film in the Fridge - she's done 3 of these so far. The prints are adorable (Wonderland by Momo), and I was actually just one square shy of having enough, so one pretty square of Anna Maria Horner's Good Folks in the middle.

I actually had the idea to leave it a plain cream piece and embroider her birth info on it, but eventually decided against it (next quilt maybe?).

I also did the same quilting as Ashley - lines 1/4" to either side of the seams. I really want to learn free motion quilting, but figure these nice straight lines are a good starting point for me!



The back is a cream colored cotton from Joann's. I wish now I had splurged for one of the other prints, but was wanting to see how this one turned out first!

The binding is also the green polka dot from that line. I used AmandaJean's tutorial on binding. It went fine -but my stitches are by no means hidden and seriously need some work (and took forever...seriously - does it always take that long?). But I don't care.....I still love it!!


And I have more! Tomorrow....Noah's hat!

6 comments:

  1. It looks great! Lilah is a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fabulous Sherri! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilt is sooo beautiful I Do so love the Wonderland fabric.. but sadly we don't have it in my city yet here in Australia. Nice work :)

    ReplyDelete