Sunday, September 20, 2009

progress

Now that I have finished Lilah's quilt and Noah's hat (never mind the new one I have to start now for Derrick...) I've been wanting to get back to the quilts I started and haven't touched in a while. Opening the shop took a lot of time initially, and getting as many orders I did (in the shop and outside of the shop) was surprising and time-consuming. Since then I've had a bit of a lull, which to be honest I haven't minded, since I'm finally able to work on some things for "me" again!

First up...I volunteered to make one of Amanda Jean's blocks for the quilt she's doing for Quilts of Valor. She wanted them by the end of the month, but I didn't want to wait that long, since with the shop, I never know how busy I'm going to be. I put it together yesterday and I'm sending it off tomorrow!

Next up is my Arcadia quilt. I saw this style (and tutorial) over at Carly of Quiltville's blog (and she had one for sale in her shop at one point) and fell in love with it. I LOVE the Acadia fabrics and just HAD to make this quilt when I saw it. This one is a gift as a very special "thank-you".

And on to the 9-patch quilt-a-long. I'm using the Arcadia fabrics for this one as well...and I have to admit - I'm not loving it so far. Problem is, Amanda Jean's 9-patch that she posted was so fantastic, and it sounded like so many of the ladies used scraps for theirs, and I honestly just didn't have enough scrap variety at the time to go that route. We'll have to see though....once I get them all done and add some white sashing it could really change things for me.

As for progress...? Well, the 4 blocks you see was all I had done. And we're on day 63 according to Amanda Jean. Since taking the pic I've made 5 more, but obviously have a ways to go if I'm going to get caught up and finish by next Sunday!
And I also have a very special baby quilt I'm hoping to make and complete in the next 2 weeks! More on that later! Don't want to ruin any surprises!

No comments:

Post a Comment