Friday, September 4, 2009

mini hexes

Look at this!

Seriously….how many degrees of awesomeness is this? Little mini-hexes and with Heather Ross no less!

I purchased this lovely little bag from Aneela. I absolutely love it! Great little snippets of fabric, very well put together, and made to hold tiny treasures! How I came to find this little shop from across the pond is a bit of a story.

It all started with this quilt, made by Ashley of Film in the Fridge. Ashley makes amazing quilts – just about every one she does has me drooling for one of my own. So, of course when I saw that beauty, I had to find out how to do it. Which brought me to Aneela’s flickr group for half hexagons. Which then brought me to her blog. Which is where I discovered English paper piecing – mini hexes to be exact.

So, what is my bag for? English paper piecing of course! Look what I’ve been up to!!!

Fabric all cut and ready to be pieced to mini hexes! I’m not using hexes quite as small as Aneela's (yet). And I had every intention of doing these out of Far Far Away fabrics, but then started cutting some out of scrap fabric (recognize any of these from my shop?) and a brown/pink/pale green/pale yellow kind of palette just came to be. I think these fabrics are so pretty together! I would honestly LOVE to do an entire quilt out of these, but soooooo not sure I’m up for that just yet.

See those “In Progress” projects to the right? See the “Completed” ones? That’s right – there are none!!! Not since I started this blog anyway. The shop has taken up quite a bit of my time, and I’ve fallen dreadfully behind on things I really really need to finish! With a current lull in sales (just in time for our Labor Day weekend!) I’m determined to turn that around! You have a promise from me….my next blog post will be with a completed project off that list! The pressure is on!

If anyone is at all interested in the mini-hexes…I found this great little tool that allows you to create them (based on the size you want). Very handy!

Now if you’ll excuse me…..I’m off to add Dresden petal paper piecing to my “wish list” and decide which of Aneela’s bags will hold those little treasures! ;-)

Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic!! I'm so glad you like your bag and are filling it with hex's!!! Just perfect!
    Thanks for the hexagon creating tool, I was searching for something like that!
    Hope you had a great labour day weekend!

    ReplyDelete